Drinking From My Cold Mug of Coffee (Revision and Re-Post)
So I’m sitting alone on this one,
As I wait for a sign that would
Somehow give my blurry sight
A needed breathing life of light.
So I try to put cream on my coffee
Just as I try to stir-up once again
Your very heart that has forgotten
The sweetness of the love we had.
Bitter is how my coffee now tastes,
Without the sweetness of the sugar
That you have brought to my life;
Now darker than the blackest coffee.
But I just could never comprehend
Why my coffee mug has gone cold;
Utterly tasteless and unsatisfying
Like my life now that you’ve left.
I have dearly missed your aroma;
Only that I hope in time’s fullness
That my coffee will taste good again
Sweetened by your hugs and kisses.
As I wait for a sign that would
Somehow give my blurry sight
A needed breathing life of light.
So I try to put cream on my coffee
Just as I try to stir-up once again
Your very heart that has forgotten
The sweetness of the love we had.
Bitter is how my coffee now tastes,
Without the sweetness of the sugar
That you have brought to my life;
Now darker than the blackest coffee.
But I just could never comprehend
Why my coffee mug has gone cold;
Utterly tasteless and unsatisfying
Like my life now that you’ve left.
I have dearly missed your aroma;
Only that I hope in time’s fullness
That my coffee will taste good again
Sweetened by your hugs and kisses.
Comments
Post a Comment