Longings of a Melting Candle (Re-Post)
Just glance at me and notice
How I just melt at your sight
Like a candle so consumed
By the bright fire in your eyes.
Evermore I am like the wax
That easily wanes all in awe
Of the warmth that only you
Could deliver perfectly right.
See that your words of honey
Brought me back to a place
Where I could stand up high;
Stronger and so much alive.
Such of your sweet caresses,
I nightly long and yearn for;
As I am simply a touch away
From being totally consumed.
All that I can only do is to hope
Wishing that by just somehow
You’d keep me from burning,
And totally fade into the night.
How I just melt at your sight
Like a candle so consumed
By the bright fire in your eyes.
Evermore I am like the wax
That easily wanes all in awe
Of the warmth that only you
Could deliver perfectly right.
See that your words of honey
Brought me back to a place
Where I could stand up high;
Stronger and so much alive.
Such of your sweet caresses,
I nightly long and yearn for;
As I am simply a touch away
From being totally consumed.
All that I can only do is to hope
Wishing that by just somehow
You’d keep me from burning,
And totally fade into the night.
Comments
Post a Comment